Thursday, May 6, 2010

Trying

I am trying hard to get the motivation back. Between all the excuses and thinking I may have another heriated disc,it's been rough. But into the sun and wind I go today for day # 4 in a row. For the next 4-6 week I'll wear my heart monitor and keep the HR low. I seem to enjoy these runs and they are easier on the old body.
Take for example Tuesday. I got home from work and had an allergy headache. Sat on the couch and woke up and hour later. I had a nice droll spot on my shirt. I went into the bedroom and lay down. Then OH NO I need to run. So I grabbed both dogs and went into the Garden. Fifty minutes later I was back home. It was so SSLLOOWWWW. But it was a run.
I have finally figured out the difference between a 'runner' and a 'jogger'. A runner trains with a goal in mind; a jogger just goes out and jogs with no goal other than getting out. Do you agree?

1 comment:

brownie said...

A jogger probably wouldn't be working at a running store.