Tuesday, January 13, 2009

swinger

I'am getting back into the swing of the workouts. We'll see how long I can make this latest committment hold. 'Cept for the days on the snowboard I'm getting in at least an hour of some sort of movement. The plan is 20 m/week + 40-50 on the bike + the core excersise 2/week.
When you move as slow as I am this crap takes a bunch of time. Yesterday I did 1.5 miles with a 1 mile run in the am; last night was 2.5 miles watching 24 while walking the show and running the commercials. This beats just sitting on my ass and watching the show. This am was a 2 mile walk @ 3.5mph and that took a good 35 minutes. Tonight will be a 2 mile run and 12 mile bike on the trainer doing the 'secret bike workout'. The bike is still killing my ass but the more time I spend on the saddle the better my ass will like it.

1 comment:

HEAB said...

My ass is not friends with the bike seat either.

Glad you're getting back into the swing of things. Shin still bothering you? Movement is good, even if you are slower than normal. An hour a day is much more than most Americans ever do!

Nicsene is the best for sure. I think Chris read about it on Let's Run, but I remember you and Cindy telling us that it is one of your favorites running spots. I hope to go back someday.

Monterey - Awesome. Love Northern Cali! Drink some wine for us...the non-wine drinkers that we are. :)