Monday, November 24, 2008

What the hell??

Was I thinking Sunday? Saturday night during a good time at 'The Loop' and furthered by a bit of time at Kinfolks I said I would run. Sure I could go check out a possible USA World Mountain team qualifier race course over by Cheyenne Canyon. It would just ne 2.5 miles. The other 5 people I was previewing the course with would all do their long runs before. And would go my pace. Oh that's right; 2 are former USATF Mountain runners of the Year and another 2 were multi-time world team members. Me??? The title of my blog says it all. So I got dropped in the first foot of the run as it immediately went up! Luckly I could hear them chatting off in the distance so I kinda knew which way to go. Every now and then my breathing would allow me to hear something else; my heart trying to jump out of my chest! But I showed them on the downhill!!!! I stayed with them for 10 feet before drifting off the back. And of course let's go up this hill and see what it's like because the course was not tough enough. They'll pay!

2 comments:

brownie said...

What was the course?

John O said...

Starting at the parking lot just west of Starsmore. Up the road around the res and up to Gold Camp then down the chutes and back around res.